In a world where technology is becoming an ever prevalent part of our everyday lives and future, there is a need to equip students with the understanding and skills to become educated 21st Century Learners.
Current technology resources at Randwick Public School:
- Robotics: Bluebots, Makey Makey, Ozobots, Spheros and Little Bits
- 3D Printers
- Green Screen facilities
- Subscriptions to apps and web based teaching and learning tools
Technology is integrated across the curriculum, some specific programs include:
- Coding and app/website design as part of the Science and Technology curriculum.Teachers utilise our robotics resources to develop coding skills as well as app-based programs like Scratch Jr, Swift Playgrounds and Hour of Code.
- Digital Citizenship as part of the PDHPE curriculum. This program is regularly updated to meet the changing needs of the students.
- The introduction of 3D printers at the school provide an opportunity for developing skills in 3D design and solving real world problems.
- Through the use of iPad technologies, teachers are developing tasks to target the higher-order cognitive skills as well as modifying and redefining learning tasks to put students at the centre of their learning. iPad technologies encourage students to collaborate on projects and build their confidence as creative and independent learners.
2019 STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Program
This year Randwick Public School has a teacher dedicated to enhancing STEM practices across the school. The STEM teacher works collaboratively with class teachers and supports them to embed STEM technologies in teaching and learning.